MulgEd - Changes
More About MulgEd |
Screen Shots |
Version 2.21 (March 2003):
- Fixed a problem with cursor dimensions in Windows
- Fixed the tiles problem and added 4-bit grayscale tiles
Version 2.2 (March 2003):
- Released the sources under the terms of GNU General Public LIcense
- Sources and binaries now avilable as OpenSource project on SourceForge.net
- Added a "Loading..." dialog while loading everything
Version 2.1 (November 2000):
- Support for the new "LevN" game files of Mulg IIn
- Added support for the new tiles introduced in Mulg IIn:
- Hanoi towers (3 tiles in the tileset)
- Walkers (4 tiles in the tileset)
- Exchange (1 tile in the tileset)
- Magnets (2 tiles in the tileset)
- Tiles.h and Level.h of Mulg IIn also updated
- I've added an FAQ part to the ReadMe file
- The cursor's shape is better when connecting tiles
Version 2.01 (July 2000):
- Bug fix: Game name and Author name sometimes were not read correctly by the
- Fix: Tile help for one-ways had a typeo.
- I have included tiles.h and level.h from MulgIIh, so .LEV files import and export
will work correctly.
- Bug fix: on exported .LEV files, a vertical open door was exported as a horizontal
- "Thank you"s for the bug reports must go to :
- Rick Lastrapes
- David K. Z. Harris
- Gregory A. Gaub
Version 2.0 (May 2000):
- Happy birthday to MulgEd ! One year has passed since the first release !
- MulgEd just got platform independent (no MS-extentions).
- Bugfixes :
- A level-drag lock after double-clicking on a level.
- Editing a note in game editor did not update the note in the file.
- Improved the tile drawing functions. You'll notice that when you draw
tiles, the program reacts much faster.
- Added the level coordinates in the status bar when moving with your mouse
over the level drawing board.
- All level and note actions are now in the menu only. There is no context-menu
on the level and note lists.
- Parachute time is now limited to 60 seconds even though Mulg allows up to 127.
Version 1.5j Preview 3 (March 2000):
- Level re-ordering (drag-drop) is back and working.
- Game analysis dialog now gives you data about the whole game.
- Game file version sensitivity. For now only in game analysis. I'll embed
this feature in open/save sometime (levL vs. levF).
- Bug fix: Adding a level now causes it to be selected.
- Bug fix: Installing an empty game used to launch windows explorer.
- A what's new menu item (Help menu) shows this file.
- Connection of distant tiles by dragging the connection beyond the level
drawing board, thus causing it to scroll (Yes! This feature's here at last).
- Full support for the advanced Mulg IIh databases, with up to 256 levels and
up to 256 notes.
- Added a progress bar to the game editor for feedback on loading and saving
games, tiles, etc.
- Better error messages when importing bad .LEV files. Also better error
Version 1.5j Preview 2 (March 2000):
- Support for four new "memo cube" tiles.
- You can now work with the Mulg color tiles (for the Palm IIIc).
- New tiles: icy reverser/un-reverser, box-in-place reverser/unreverser.
- Included palm installation of game files right from MulgEd (Game menu).
- Bug fix: Exporting games with scarab beatles and light boxes was throwing
Version 1.5j Preview 1 (February 2000):
- Re-programmed all of MulgEd in Java (with micro$oft extentions, sorry), as
a step towards platform independance.
- The level editor now shows "problems" in addition to general data,
along with the explanations.
- Undo-Redo in level editor (up to 50 steps back).
- Ability to add a note while working on connections.
- Fixed a lot of tiles' names to fit the names given by Mulg's authors.
- Fixed descending floors from x1..x4 to x0..x3.
- New editors for special tiles:
- Tiles that lie below others (scarab beatles, boxes).
- Flip tiles: x and y channels (formerly known as B/W tiles).
- Parachute time.
- All actions on levels and notes are performed by right-clicking on the lists.
- The level list also accepts keyboard input: Ins, Del, Enter, and arrow keys.
- Game import/export of .LEV files is now working. Just make sure you have the
included .h files in the same directory as the .LEV file when importing.
- Connection to the game-of-life channel is now easy. Right click on a channel
activator tile while working on connections, then connect to other tiles.
- Now supports up to 32 levels (for Mulg IIg and later).
- Old MulgEd game files are now detected and their dates are "n/a".
Version 1.5 Beta (January 2000):
- BIG version will be the standard from now on. Sorry, you wimpy
640x480 users ... buy a newer graphics card ;)
The required size is about 650x500 to be exact.
- "Level properties" combined dialog instead of name and dimensions
dialogs (future level properties will be included here).
- Support for the new tiles by Pat E. Kane :
Light box, Switch space, Scarab beatle.
- Fixed tiles names and help texts.
- Fixed bug in level info - channel 0 was giving garbage results.
- Unfortunately, a 2D windows accelerator VGA card is required for
MulgEd. If you don't have such a card, editing mode other than 30x27
will look distorted. This is due to the use of StretchBlt operation.
As far as i know those cards are popular for years so hardly anyone
will have a problem.
- Tiles are now divided to three tilesets. Standard, Additional and
Groove/Rampart to allow more tiles to fit in MulgEd.
- MulgEd now uses the Windows Registry to include an option to edit .
Mulg games by right-clicking on their names, and always comes back
to the directory you left it at. Also auto-install of this feature
is now implemented.
- Added those tiles you always waited for :
Heavy box in place, Light box in place, Un-reverser (!).
4 types of descending floors (for x1..x4 passes).
- While browsing files, you can see the game name and number of levels.
- Creation time and modification time and count are now stored
correctly in the files, and are shown on the game editor screen.
(old MulgEd created files will show either 21.10.2022,5:33:38 or
- Author name can only be changed in a newly created game. Also, a
a game cannot be saved without an author name.
Version 1.41 (November 1999):
- Special BIG version of the level editor.
This will not fit in a 640x480 screen, and will fill almost the
whole 800x600 screen, but it lets you edit 30x27 tiles at once.
- Fixed bug : when marks are shown, drawing tiles does not erase the
Version 1.4 (November 1999):
- Umbrella timing (work with connections).
- Debug games (games that allow you to play all levels).
These games will have (D) added to their names on the Palm.
- Level re-ordering using drag and drop.
- Better .PDB header manipulation
- Auto install does not open a DOS box now.
- No VCL version of MulgEd. Only the regular version is available
from now on.
- A what's new file is attached to each new version.
- Marking of edge tiles for ease of editing of medium and large levels.
- Even more minor bug fixes.
Version 1.3 (October 1999):
- Fixed tunnel and platform tileset bug.
- Wrap around test.
- New tile : Oil stain.
- No black color for connection circles.
- Quick image loading (images are included in the EXE file).
- Fixed auto-install for files.
- Major bug fixes.
Version 1.2 (August 1999):
- New intuitive way of connecting tiles that work together.
- Intuitive note connection.
- Level integrity checking.
- More bug fixes.
- No need for Delphi's VCLs - bigger EXE file that runs on all
- help pages for the tiles and editors.
Version 1.1 (June 1999):
Version 1.0 (April 1999):
- Lots of bug fixes.
- New tiles included : Reverser, Active storm, Floor switch,
Opened gates, Movable box, Starting point.
- Change aware program
Version 0.99 (April 1999):
- First release into the outside world.